They say a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. This is true when it comes to soccer because to become a top-notch player, your child will have to begin from somewhere…and what’s better than finding him/her a club that can nurture his/her talent, the right way?
In this post, we highlight some top San Antonio’s soccer programs that will meet your child’s needs. Whether they want to play at a professional level in the future or just have fun with their friends at a recreational level, we got you covered.
SA City Soccer Club
After being an affiliate of Lonestar FC for 8 years, San Antonio City now stands on its own to provide you a soccer home where your child will develop into an expert player with admirable social values.
The club offers a number of soccer opportunities to its members that include:
- Recreational soccer for U4 – U15
- Micro and Junior academies for U4 – U10 that focus on developing children into long term players. It is designed to be a fun experience.
- Select programs for boys and girls of U11 – U19 age groups. These teams compete in the USYS, USC West and AAYSA leagues.
- High performance teams for U13 – U19. The club is a member of various high profile leagues like the Boys Elite Clubs National League (ECNL), USL Champions League, Girls Academy (GA), USYS State Classic League and Frontier League.
Can’t afford the programs? No worries. The club has a foundation determined to help talented but financially needy players afford the opportunity to learn and play soccer.
As a member of the club, you can’t ask for more. Your child will have great experiences with coaches who are above and beyond the given expectations.
4 – 19 years
12055 Starcrest Dr, San Antonio, TX 78247, United States
|Recreational||U4 – U6 $150|
U7 – U10 $175
U11 + $185
|Micro Academy||$225 per season|
|Jr. Academy||$1,175 per season|
|Select||9v9 – $2,18011v11– $2,270|
|High Performance teams||$2,675 per season|
San Antonio United Soccer Club
SA United club was started in 2005 with an aim to spread the love of this beautiful sport to as many people as possible in south Texas.
With a current membership of about 1,200 people, the club continues to provide soccer opportunities to youth athletes, in both competitive or non-competitive settings.
They offer a recreational soccer program for U4 to U19 as well as a competitive program for U8 to U19 age groups.
Starting from the basic foundation level (Rising Stars) through the Academy to the advanced (senior) levels, the club’s player pathway is tailored to develop your children in all aspects helping them attain their full potential so as to achieve future soccer goals.
In this family-friendly club, your kids will learn from licensed and vetted coaches who are not only positive and supportive but also good role models.
4 – 19 years
29064 Bulverde Rd, San Antonio, TX 78260, United States
|Program||Cost per Season|
|Rising Stars||U4/U5 $169|
Impact Soccer Club
Located in the Alamo Area of San Antonio, Impact Soccer Club was founded to offer everyone access to quality soccer opportunities regardless of financial status.
With the philosophy that no one should be left behind, the club provides a number of opportunities to cater to all youths. It conducts recreational and competitive soccer programs, as well as a youth academy, goalkeeper training, and high-performance programs. The programs are for youths between 7 to 18 years.
While their academy teams play during fall and spring seasons in line with AAYSA philosophy, their competitive teams play under the state league WDDOA, a fairly good competitive level for continuous player development.
Being part of this club, your child may enjoy the opportunity to travel and professionally play in a European country under their High-Performance program. In this program, the club trains, develops, and, places their high-performing athletes with any of its many European affiliates.
Which other good reason do you need to join this club? Hop onto their website and get more details on their services.
7299 Luskey Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78256, United States
|Cost of programs||Not available|
Classics Elite Soccer Academy
In 2004, two clubs merged to form Classics Elite Soccer Academy. These clubs were Classic Elite Soccer Club that was exclusively for female players and The Elite Soccer Club, exclusively for male athletes. The club currently provides soccer opportunities to both girls and boys between the ages of 4 to 18.
It has a recreational program for U4 to U7 age groups where kids are introduced to the basics of soccer in a fun-filled style. For U8 to U10 age groups, the club offers a junior academy program that trains them in the technical aspects of the game besides other valuable attributes. At this level, the children are also prepared for the select competitive level of the sport.
The club’s select teams compete in all levels of soccer including the ECNL, USCCL, USC West, and WDDOA division 1.
Furthermore, they offer ID, Advanced and spring/summer camps, and an hour-long clinic program held on Friday nights for 6 weeks dubbed ‘Functional Friday’.
The club has a reputation of having excellent coaches who are polite and positive, and facilities that are well maintained.
4 – 18 years
1600 E Bitters Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216, United States
|Recreational||$99 for 6 weeks|
|Advanced camps||$225 per player|
|spring/summer camps||$175 per player|
|Functional Friday||$180 for one module$300 for two modules|
Barcelona Premier Soccer Club
This privately owned club offers year-round soccer programs to youths between 3 to 16years in San Antonio and the surrounding areas.
It is a youth academy that provides age-appropriate training in three categories;
- Mini Cracks (U4–U7), focused to develop the passion for soccer in kids.
- Junior Cracks (U8–U11) focused to develop and consolidate vital soccer skills and habits, and
- Premier Cracks (U12–U17) focused on developing skills used by world’s renowned soccer players..
Your child will train twice every week during the season with licensed coaches who’ve undergone background checks. This is to ensure quality training and safety for them.
Still on quality, the club has devised its own methodology of play based on the Tiki-Taka style. This methodology consists of the best exercises, drills , plans and habits learned from Spain, Mexico, and other countries where soccer is most popular.
Barcelona Premier is highly recommended by parents because of their caring, professional staff who provide a great atmosphere for kids to have fun.
3 – 16 years
9606 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78250, United States
|Cost of programs||Not available|
San Antonio F.C
San Antonio Futbol Club is a professional soccer team that competes in the USL Championship as a member of the Western Conference.
In 2016, the club founded an academy that works to identify and train talented athletes to be future players of SAFC first team, national teams or other high-level soccer teams. Presently the academy hosts four teams based on age groups ranging from 2004 to 2007 birth years.
The academy also incorporates a micro league program for kids between 4 to 7 years. This recreational program introduces kids to the sport. The kids are placed in age-appropriate teams, train and play weekend games for 6 weeks.
Another program under the academy umbrella is the Elite Training Program. The program is a collaboration between SAFC and other youth soccer clubs in the area, to identify and develop athletes in various age groups to be future players in the academy teams.
The academy and all its programs take place in S.T.A.R Complex, a very large complex with beautiful fields. If you are interested in enrolling your child, simply contact the club. The details are all on the website.
4 – 18 years
5106 David Edwards Dr, San Antonio, TX 78233, United States
Premier Futbol Academy
Located in the Northwest region of San Antonio, Premier Futbol Academy is an all developmental soccer program, providing training to boys and girls between 4 to 19 years of age. The training program is designed to help players attain their highest potential, preparing them for the future national and international levels of competition.
The program is structured into 3 age-based levels:
- Junior Academy, an introductory program for 3 to 5 year olds to soccer related events, with focus on building self-esteem, friendship and commitment values.
- Premier Academy for 6 to 10 year olds. Here, trainers focus on building fundamental soccer skills and techniques while emphasizing on body fitness. It’s at this stage that the club involves Fitness365, one of its partners.
- Premier Competitive Academy for 10 to 19 year olds. At this level your children will be introduced to advanced soccer skills by certified coaches. They’ll also participate in competitions against other teams in the San Antonio area.
From parents’ testimonials, you should choose this club because the training staff truly care about the development of the kids in all aspects, instilling virtues on them to become valuable members of society.
3 – 19 years
8610 Wagyu, San Antonio, TX 78254, United States
|Junior Premier||1 practice/week – $99 per season|
2 practices/week – $130 per season
|Premier Academy||$1,095 for fall and spring season|
|Premier Competitive||U11 – U12 $1,495 for fall and spring season|
U13 – U19 $1,615 for fall and spring season
Alamo Heights Fort Sam Houston
Established in the late 1970’s, this non-profit organization is dedicated to providing its members soccer opportunities that will develop individual skills as well as positive attributes regardless of age, gender or skill level.
The club conducts a range of programs that includes;
- Recreation soccer for 4 to 11+ year olds. The teams in U5 – U8 age groups practice once a week and play on Saturday mornings in a 4v4 format. On the other hand, teams in U9 – U11+ age groups practice twice a week and play home and away games in a 7v7 format. These teams are conducted by parent volunteer coaches.
- A Fire Jr. Academy that offers 7 to 9 year olds professional training that focuses on player development, preparing them for a more intensive level of play. The teams train with professionals twice a week and compete against other teams in their level.
- A Fire Club (Select team) for U11 and older players. This program offers high quality training enabling players to compete in high level leagues.
- Camps and clinics throughout the year for 4 year olds and above and
- One on one training.
Families continue to be part of this club because it is family-oriented. The club strives to provide a fun experience for everybody to enjoy. Above all, they put their players first before anything else. They provide a safe, clean and well-maintained environment for their players to enjoy.
4 –19 years
1630 Watkins Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78234, United States
|Costs of programs||Not available|
San Antonio Surf Soccer Club
This premier youth development club offers a variety of developmental programs that your child will enjoy. Their main programs include:
- A bi-annual junior academy for 4 to 6 year olds, where your little one can learn the game in a fun atmosphere.
- An annual academy for 7 to 9 year olds, that focuses on developing your child in a team setting. Here your child learns the value of teamwork and sportsmanship among other positive attributes.
- Competitive program for 10 to 18 year olds in which your child is prepared for college level soccer. This annual program involves comprehensive training on speed, agility and other advanced skills.
- Surf Select Teams for top players between 9 to 18 years. In this annual program, your child may be selected to play on the National Surf Select team based in San Diego. He/she will gain exposure to professional college, national and international coaches.
Additionally, the club has two adult male and female teams, and also an in-house college placement program in case your child will want to play soccer in college.
All these programs are conducted by licensed coaches who are positive, supportive, and engaging to your kids. Besides being happy with these amazing coaches, parents also commend the club for being highly organized and for their well-kept facilities.
4 –18 years
7440 FM 1560 N, San Antonio, TX 78254, United States
|Program’s cost||Not available|
It is very crucial to find the right club for your son or daughter because that will have a big impact on their soccer development. We hope this post gives you a great start and that soon your little one will be out there exploring this beautiful sport. All the best!