The Best Firm Ground Soccer Cleats On The Market
For Under $80
Buying soccer cleats is no easy job these days. You have so much choice and so much variety, and while that is a good thing, it is also a bad thing. You have your budget, but you want to make sure you get the best you could possibly get, for your money.
Another thing that makes buying soccer cleats challenging is the fact that there are different types for different terrains. You can check this post out to learn more about the best soccer cleats for each surface; this is very important if you want to prevent injury, so do have a read!
In this post we are going to be looking at some of the best FIRM GROUND soccer cleats under $80 and why they deserve a spot in a list of the best FG soccer cleats on the market.
If you learn that Firm Ground (FG) cleats are not what you are after then you can check out similar posts for other terrains here;
- Soft Ground (SG)
- Indoor Soccer Cleats
What Should You Be Considering When Buying Soccer Cleats?
Common Obstacles When Buying Soccer Cleats
Trying to find the most suitable pair of cleats can be the biggest obstacle. If you are looking for a good all-rounder, which you can use safely on multiple surfaces, then you may want to consider an AG soccer cleat.
Likewise, if you only intent to play at local parks, on firm, dry ground then your best option is probably some FG soccer cleats. If you are buying multiple pairs of cleats, this will not be your biggest obstacle but if your total budget is $80 then think hard about where you will be playing the most.
Who Are These Cleats For?
Although some cleats will be targetted towards men or women specifically, most soccer cleats are unisex and entirely based on your shoesize.
If buying a pair of cleats listed explicitly in the men’s/women’s category, just be sure to compare the respective size charts to get the best fit.
Cleats often come in a wide range of sizes making them suitable if you are looking for youth sizes through to larger adult sizes.
Best Firm Ground Soccer Cleats For Under $80
Top 3 Best Firm Ground Cleats Under 80 USD Review:
The Adizero 8.0 is one of the best selling cleats on the market for under $80 and we can see why. The shoe is championed by many buyers as being extremely comfortable and lightweight yet strong and durable.
If you play other firm ground, outdoor sports which require a lot of agility and quick-paced movement, you may also find that these cleats will be sufficient to use for those, too. Saving you money on multiple pairs.
The Adizero 8.0s also look great and stylish on the field while providing you with maximum flexibility and being a highly practical sports shoe.
- Lightweight – great for speed and stability.
- Made with durable material.
- Quality assurance with leading sports company Adidas branding.
- Available in a variety of sizes from US 6.5-18
- Easy to wipe clean with wipes or sponge.
- Sock-like fit comfortable around the ankles.
- Not recommended for wide feet.
- Football shoe, not an official soccer shoe.
The Adidas Copa Gloro 19.2 Firm Ground Soccer cleats are another great shoe on the market for under $80. Sold as a “medium” fit, most buyers agree that this is true as they are not too narrow for wide feet nor too wide for narrow feet. If you have average feet, the fitting will not be an issue.
With these cleats, you are getting quality assurance as they are made by Adidas, one of the leading soccer cleat brands on the planet. Not only that, but they look great and are presented with a strong yet smooth high-quality leather surface, giving you full control of the ball with every strike.
The Adidas Copa Gloro 19.2s give you maximum traction on dry, natural grass, are an official firm ground soccer cleat and overall, come in many different colors and styles and are very well priced for what you get.
- Very comfortable around the ankles with a soft, knitted collar and fold-over tongue.
- Give you excellent ball control.
- They look more expensive than they are.
- Quality assurance: Adidas branded.
- Available in a variety of sizes from US 6.5-13.5
- Do not take long to break in (get comfortable around your feet after a few uses).
- Extra padding in toes and heels for added comfort.
- Great option on dry grass (FG) as well as wet (SG) grass.
- Some people have had issues with sizing. Some claim that they run smaller than their stated size while others say they are loose and larger than the size they purchased.
- The laces stop short so do not tighten up enough at the top for a more secured fit.
The Nike Premier II Soccer Cleats are an exceptional, firm ground unisex shoe. They vary in price based on size and color and range from around $50-$90 .
Most retailers of the Premier IIs have a solid average customer rating of 4.5 overall and these cleats have been praised over and over again for having a premium feel due to their kangaroo leather exterior.
- The fold-over tongue covers the top of the laces creating a smooth striking surface.
- Flexible sole plate, allowing free movement.
- Moulded studs for superior traction while running and conducting fast changing movement.
- Highly durable design and material.
- Cushioned insoles for comfortability.
- Premium shoe for the price.
- Not vegan friendly due to kangaroo leather.
- Footbed and soleplate are lower quality in comparison to Premier II Turf version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I wear firm ground soccer cleats for football?
Yes. You can wear firm ground soccer cleats for football and most sports on a dry grassy field which require traction to pick up a good pace. As soccer cleats are some of the most diverse cleats on the market, if you only have a pair of these they will suffice for other sports such as football, baseball, or lacrosse.
Soccer cleats are much lighter than both football and baseball cleats so you will need to decide if they are a good fit for you.
Can I wear firm ground soccer cleats on other terrains?
Usually it is not recommended that you wear FG soccer cleats on any other terrain besides short dry grass, however, there are some exceptions. Read the description carefully on each shoe before you buy them as they might suggest they are suitable for both firm ground and artificial grass. In this case, it is safe to say they can be used on the two terrains safely.
You will not be able to wear firm ground soccer cleats on indoor hardwood or flat surfaces on any occasion.